Peace Lutheran Church, Ruthton

Built in 1905

Peace Lutheran Church

Worship
Sundays @ 10:30 am

Location
900 Smith Ave, Ruthton, MN 56170

Phone
507-658-3329

The Peace Lutheran Church building dates from 1905. In the late 1940's, early 1950's, three Sunday School rooms, a pastor's study, expanded kitchen facilities, two bathrooms, and a furnace room were added to the east end of the church. A new narthex was added and included an entry and library room. This was completed in 1978. All original windows were replaced and new siding applied in 2004. The parsonage was sold that year.

Peace AltarPastor A.C. Erickson carved many of the pieces of the chancel furnishings. Art work Rev. Erickson includes the chancel window covers, which depict baptism and communion, the baptismal font, the lectern with the feet of the messenger on the base, the colorful representation of the church year, the anchor cross and chain and the crucifix above the altar, and the musical representations on the organ shield. Pastor Erickson's last work was the Pascal or resurrection candlestick showing the descending dove, representative of the Holy Spirit active at Easter, baptism, and funerals.

Pew pads, the kneeling rail and the altar chairs were re-upholstered in 2005, after a new rug was laid in the sanctuary and the bathrooms were made wheelchair accessible.

Peace Ruthton Facebook page

Bethany, Arco | Bethany-Elim, Ivanhoe | Grace, Lake Benton | Peace, Ruthton | St. Paul, Minneota